Six tips to help you find your Monday motivation
With a hint of the weekend still in mind and a slightly sluggish mentality, we are here to help you through the beginning of the week. As well as maintaining a positive mental attitude it’s important as a graduate to get into the right mindset and adopt habits that you can draw upon in a graduate role. Here are just a few tips to help you get your week off to the best start with optimal productivity.
1. One thing at a time. Focus your attention on one thing at a time. Allowing your mind to focus on one task often boosts creativity, helps maintain concentration and each time you complete a task gives you a motivational boost.
2. Write a list. It doesn’t need to be an essay, just jot a few notes down to remind you of the tasks you have and when they are due. Keeping these to hand will allow you to mentally prepare yourself to accomplish this list and allocate time for each item.
3. Stick to a plan. If you have a plan in place try your best to stick to it, nobody likes the feeling of too much work creeping up on them. The more you plan your workload the more likely you are to achieve the goals you have set.
4. Make sure your goals are within reach. If you think that a task will take you too long or you are not adequately resourced/prepared to complete the task then make sure you only add it to your ‘To Do’ list when it is achievable within your time frame.
5. Make the most of your time. Start early, ensure you have adequate time for breaks, prepare a lunch that you enjoy and take the time to speak to those around you. Having time away from your desk and your work is essential to remain productive. If you wear yourself out during the morning, become hungry, tired and irritated then this will strongly affect the way your afternoon plays out.
6. Review your performance, give yourself a pat on the back if you’ve earnt it! If you feel there are areas you could have improved in or a more efficient approach then make sure you write it down, learn from it and apply it the next time you work on that task.
With these tips in mind, you can get your week off to the best possible start, set your goals, achieve them and move forward in your graduate career. Please share with us if you have any other top tips for graduates on staying motivated, achieving your goals and making Monday that little bit easier!
Wondering how life-changing a career in sales can be?
Since 1995, Pareto have had the pleasure of assessing, training and placing the highest calibre of graduate talent into leading businesses across the world. To celebrate on our 21st birthday, we gathered 21 of our brightest sales stars and honoured them with Great status....
Senior sales talent in growing demand post-Brexit
While it was reported by the Financial Times this week...
Make an enquiry