Who should attend?
The ability to converse effectively over the phone is paramount, at every stage of a sales professional’s career. For those looking to fine tune their telephone skills and increase call effectiveness to close more business, the Advanced Telephone Skills course has been designed around the feedback of Pareto delegates and clients in response to the changing needs of the sales industry. Ideal for all individuals operating in a telesales environment or those who handle both inbound and outbound calls as part of their sales role, this course will support individuals looking to increase confidence levels over the phone and successfully get past gatekeepers to influence key decision makers.
Despite having many years experience in sales, the advanced telephone skills course has allowed me to further my skills and become a more rounded sales person.
5 /5 from Nick, Manchester
I found the course useful and the energy of the trainer really impressive .
5 /5 from Cassie, Manchester
Enjoyed the course very much, very constructive and intuitive.
4 /5 from Gary, Manchester
The courses are always very good and effective
5 /5 from Rose, Manchester
Really engaging trainer, lots of energy kept us alert and involved (13-14th May 2015)
5 /5 from Jet, Man
The trainer was very positive and added great energy to the sessions. (26th - 27th June 2014)
4 /5 from Ricky, Chiswick
Gilly kept me engaged - she's a great teacher. I booked 3 demos in an hour and increased my outputs four or five fold. (26th - 27th June 2014)
5 /5 from Amelia, Chiswick
Very positive atmosphere with no negativity. Trainer was always looking for improvement with great encouragement. Friendly environment. (26th-27th June 2014)
4 /5 from Ronak, Chiswick
Key outcomes from the course
By the end of this training course, your delegates will:
- Improve call effectiveness on the telephone by as much as 20%*
- Benefit from practical sales tools for accelerated progression in effective cold and warm calling
- Get past gatekeepers and handle objections using proven techniques that get results
- Book better qualified appointments
- Close more business and meet more call objectives
- Question effectively and understand client needs
- Recognise when and how to close effectively
- Build business rapport with customers
A highly dynamic and demanding two-day course, the Advanced Telephone Skills training provides delegates with guidance and advice to tackle the full spectrum of cold calling head on, improving motivation, confidence and effectiveness to revitalise the art of telephone selling. As part of the course, delegates will undertake 3 focused live calling sessions to develop and enhance taught techniques, ensuring all learning is actively applied and can be translated into the business environment.
Overall rating for this course
5 / 5. Overall course rating based on 9 reviews
Key areas addressed by this course
The key areas covered in the course are:
- Cold calling challenges: Overcoming negativity and addressing beliefs and mind-set
- Communication and Rapport: the 3 V’s of communication
- Planning a Winning Call: Setting call objectives and a 4 step gatekeeper technique
- Grabbing Attention: Creating the hook, Turn on Phrase and Take Away Phrase
- Understanding Client Needs: Revealing and understanding needs to create interest and opportunities
- LIVE CALLING SESSIONS (3): Cold Calling Qualified Leads
- Value Proposition: Presenting benefits and objection handling
- Summarise and Close: Gaining commitment and closing techniques
- Evaluation, Action, Close: Evaluation of the calls, numbers of new contacts, numbers of appointments made, business closed
I have learned a great deal of skills I can implement with colleagues and clients. I think it will make a positive impact.
5/5 from Jonathan, Medela UK
The Pareto way of selling has seen our business grow by £1.4m. SSC are living proof that Pareto delivers.
5/5 from Andy, SSC Laser Cutting
Delivered professionally, pace good, excellent interaction opportunity.
5/5 from Colin, Aggregate Industries
This training and these results have taught us how we can save AT LEAST half a day a week calling and spend that time selling… what a ROI!
5/5 from Chris, DSV
Our courses are endorsed by the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management (ISMM), the UK’s only professional body for sales people.