They deliver fully managed secure ICT services to the UK's Defence and Security sectors and to other government departments with complex and demanding security requirements. They provide these services by selecting the best people with the right mix of skills, experience, qualifications, and personality to fit in with their existing team of specialists. The company prides itself on its successful track record of delivering real benefits to its customers, as well as its ethos of investing in its employees' personal and professional growth. They are currently looking for a Business Development Lead - BT to join the team.
This role offers the opportunity to play a strategic role in a dynamic and forward-looking business.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in building and maintaining executive relationships. They will demonstrate confidence and professionalism in leading efforts to win and retain business growth opportunities, obtaining new high-value enduring contracts, and fostering business relationships to increase revenue for the Sales team.
The role will require working closely with Marketing and Sales teams to develop a strong understanding of the company's service portfolio and managed service offerings. The individual will be responsible for driving and executing business target plans in line with the strategic sales initiatives and will need awareness of the company's strong team dynamic and culture.
- Determine the win themes for the Opportunity Pipeline.
- Attend industry and marketing events on behalf of the company.
- Identify, engage with, and maintain the executive support that the Hunter teams require within their suspect and prospect pipelines.
- Identify and communicate the Business Value to customers for sales opportunities.
- Work with the Sales Hunter manager to produce and maintain Opportunity Assessment and Influence Maps.
- Develop and apply a consultative and research-led approach to selling.
- Be responsible for winning new business opportunities, keeping the value and profitability high and meeting in-year targets.
- Produce and own the Business Development plans.
- Manage client account(s) and take a lead role in client planning and client development.
- In conjunction with the Marketing and Sales teams, proactively identify, assess, and develop significant new business opportunities in the target market.
- Develop key business relationships with influential stakeholders within the MOD and contractor community.
- Work coherently with Marketing and Product teams to communicate an understanding of the company's service portfolio to clients.
- Manage executive relationships, identify new business opportunities, and with the support of the Sales team, take a lead role in coordination of a solution that results in enduring managed service contracts.
- Represent the company at networking events and conferences to engage with relevant prospects and understand their business objectives, decision-making, and funding processes.
- Marshal internal sales resources in the effective pursuit of opportunities.
- Build strong working relationships to develop a culture of success across the Sales and Marketing team.
- Work coherently with Marketing and Product teams to communicate the Company's service portfolio and product roadmap.
- Manage relevant sales resources in the effective pursuit of opportunities in the target market.
- Network and represent the company at meetings and conferences to truly engage with relevant prospects and understand their objectives, decision-making, and buying processes.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrable experience in "win" campaign management.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of sales/partner relationship experience in a business-to-business sales environment from supplier and customer perspectives.
- Proven track record in managing complex customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrable success and practical knowledge in working in a managed service environment.
- Experience in contractual and commercial negotiations.
- In-depth understanding of UK Government Security Classifications and both Defence and Broader Public Sector procurement processes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and develop a new role within a rapidly evolving organization.
- Can influence and negotiate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
- A clear strategic thinker; a commitment to a high standard of quality and performance.
- Ability to obtain or hold security clearance.