Location: Reading based
Salary: £90K-£100K basic + DOTE + Benefits
Founded in 2004, our client is a growing Financial reconciliation organisation that provides industry leading technology to simplify data and digitally drive better data-driven decision making.
Providing bespoke solutions to a wide range of industries from banking through to gambling, this organisation works in partnership with customers, providing a reconciliation platform that is world-class, scalable, and flexible with comprehensive management information and a full audit trail.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting into the CEO, the Sales Manager will assume a player/coach position, responsible for leading on enterprise sales opportunities as an individual contributor, winning new business, managing the full 360 sales cycle through to closing and leading a small sales team.
The Sales Manager will be a competent 'closer' with the ability to close large deals within enterprise level accounts. With a team player mentality, the Sales Manager will also work collaboratively with the team to coach, guide, upskill and develop them to their full potential.
- Individually prospect to build and maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Ensure that both personal and team revenue targets are met and over-achieved
- Coach, support and train your team in sales methodologies
- Work with your team to identify new opportunities and develop targeted sales pitches
- Drive complex, multi-stakeholder sales cycles and effectively present the organisations value proposition to both C-level business and IT stakeholders
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, qualification, evaluation, contract negotiations and close
- Conducting sales both in person and via phone/web
- Acquire and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the company's software platform and services and a deep understanding of their applications
- Ensure that all stages of the sales cycle are undertaken effectively and concurrently to achieve the required results
- Identify and manage risk in your business activities and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner
- Forecast, manage and update pipeline activities using the organisations CRM tool
- Identify areas of improvement in the sales team.
- Monitor the team's sales performance
- Train new hires in the sales team.
- Implement operational metrics and KPIs that measure and improve the effectiveness of sales programs, tactics, and strategy
- Track and communicate weekly goals to drive consistent performance
- Conduct weekly progress pipeline meetings and provide day-to-day mentoring, coaching & professional development to the sales team, including weekly 1:1 meetings, shadow sessions, supporting sales reps to close difficult deals
- Organise team coaching sessions and develop training programs.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with employees and be approachable with any sales-related issues.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly driven and tenacious with a 'winning mentality' with expert knowledge of reconciliations and experience within financial services. The Sales Manager must be able to demonstrate a track record of individual and team success across the full B2B sales cycle from qualification to contract close.
Solid experience in a new business sales position is essential, coupled with proven proficiency in selling at enterprise level, managing complex, varied sales processes/deals/cycles and campaigns.
The Sales Manager will be confident in engaging with senior level stakeholders. Able to work autonomously, the Sales Manager will also be a strong team player, with a previous experience of managing a team and a passion for developing them to achieve/exceed targets.
- Minimum 3yrs+ Financial reconciliation sales/SaaS experience
- Previous experience of leading a small team from the front as a high performance sales person
- Good knowledge of reconciliation
- Experience of selling into the payments industry
- Up-sell and cross-sell experience into targeted strategic customer accounts
- Demonstrable track record of over-achievement of individual sales targets
- Extensive experience in managing and closing complex sales cycles
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing his/her business
- Accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment