Think you've got what it takes?
Looking for a client-facing role where you can make full use of your people skills? Do you want to take autonomous ownership of your career? The lucrative rewards of a role in Account Management will give you the opportunity to build your own portfolio of clients and places you in the driving seat, with the power to take your organisation to the next level. Discover where a career as a Graduate Account Manager could take you.
The nature of Account Management is centred on the management of a portfolio of client accounts. You'll often be looking after a combination of both existing and new business opportunities, often starting with a network of existing contacts and accounts before being charged with developing your own territory.
You will need to be a ‘people person’, engaging frequently and directly with key decision makers and contacts from your account base. Looking after the full sales cycle, you will oversee projects from pitch through to completion. Strong organisational and management skills, as well as customer nous, are integral. You'll enjoy significant responsibility with the managerial oversight of projects - the ability to delegate is key.
Delivering presentations, undertaking client meetings and communicating between different areas of the business will all feature as part of your daily routine. In meeting and exceeding the needs of your clients, you'll ensure they remain loyal to the business. The role promises variety and opportunities that will take you beyond the normal 9-5.
The ideal candidate
Many of the skills obtained through your degree will set you up for a successful career in Account Management and it’s these core competencies that form the essential requirements for this particular area of sales, rather than specific qualifications or industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confidence and diplomacy, with the ability to deal with a range of personalities at all levels of business
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- The ability to motivate and work effectively with others
- Flexibility and a willingness to work outside the standard 9-5
- A professional manner
- Drive, ambition and the determination to succeed
Account Management forms the foundation for continued success in many organisations across a vast range of industry sectors. The rewards on offer tend to reflect the value of Account Managers to business. Entering into this area of sales, you can expect:
- Commission-based pay on top of basic salaries of £19K+
- Fantastic exposure to a range of different industry sectors
- Networking and regular travel to visit clients
- Lucrative progression opportunities, with chances to move into all areas of business
- Autonomy and independence to build your own account base and territory, shaping the future of your own career
- The likes of a company car, company phone and international travel opportunities, depending on location and experience
Why choose Pareto?
We not only offer a competitive package, great career prospects and the training needed to achieve success, but at Pareto, we also think of ourselves as a friendly bunch with a fresh approach to business.
Pareto offers a working environment like no other - our famed, themed incentive days sit alongside a very social calendar. It includes regular team building events, company holidays, nights out and ‘Director’s Drinks’. When it comes to celebrating success, our teams will tell you that they have recently enjoyed incentives including super car experiences, trips to Las Vegas, Dubai, Majorca and even skiing in Courchevel. We also enjoy regular social events from murder mystery nights to Gala dinners.
No previous experience? Don’t worry. As a leading sales training company Pareto can provide you with all the skills needed to be successful in your role. You will spend the first few weeks of your career learning the skills of the job. During this intensive training programme you will learn everything you need to know about the business from who is who to how to sell our products. The training is followed by regular workshops, additional training and of course consistent support, coaching and mentoring to help you grow and develop in your role.